End of the year survey
I'm not sure if I've been doing this every year, but here we go.
1. What did you do this year that you'd never done before?
I got a real person job and got paid money by people that aren't family members! And also stood outside for 4 hours in costume for a midnight premiere. Plus, adopted a cat and became fully responsible for another living creature.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
lol I never make those.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Just every single pet in my life. Well, besides Callie, Mippin, and Sugar.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Oh my god, I went nowhere this year except for one day trip to Boston. D:
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
Peace of mind.
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 1st, the day I adopted Boo. If I could remember dates, I would have included the day we put Jerry down and the day I got my job at Macys.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job. =P
9. What was your biggest failure?
Um. My attempts at eating healthier and exercising more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think I got pretty sick a few times but that's it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I want to say Boo, since I paid money for her, but it sounds weird... I adopted her, I didn't buy her. So I guess, honestly... my Jasmine designer doll.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My mom and dad, my sister, my best friends JK and Allison, and oddly enough Allison's nana's former aid Elizabeth.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Allison's nana's former aid Elizabeth. =P Because she was actually a psycho. Also a good amount of the people in Milling Around.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vet bills/cat food/cat toys/the Disney Store. And Wal Mart.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Boo. I drove everyone crazy at the Deerfield Fair.
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
I have no idea. Gaston? Loser Like Me? Trouty Mouth? Status Quo? If I Die Young? Last Friday Night? There isn't really one song that stands out.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Probably sadder, because I'm sure at this time last year I was euphoric over actually graduating college.
ii. thinner or fatter?
About the same.
iii. richer or poorer?
Richer! There's actually money in my savings that wasn't there before!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Gone to Boston.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's over now, but- opened presents, ate delicious food (including latkes), went to bed early because I had to get up at 3am for work the next day. (Seriously, why do people shop the day after Christmas? At 7am!? WHY!?
22. Did you fall in love this year?
Logan Lerman a little white ghost of a kitty cat.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Jeopardy, Once Upon a Time, and at the moment? Grimm.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't believe so!
26. What was the best book you read?
The entire Percy Jackson series and the first two Heroes of Olympus books. Yep.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new. I already loved Disney, Darren Criss, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, and Taylor Swift last year.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I want to say HP7b, X-Men, or Captain America, but I'm pretty sure it was Thor. Super 8 is a close second.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and did what I do every year now- invited over my best friends and played board games and ate snacks.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A cure for sweettooths.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
34. What kept you sane?
My friends and Boo. (While at the same time driving me insane...) Also, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The movie. And I'm not even joking. It was the only thing that could get me to stop crying long enough to sleep for a few months.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Logan Lerman. No doubt. (I know, you'd think I'd say Darren Criss, but that obsession was 2010. I still love him and think he's amazing but it's not a ridiculous over the top crush anymore.)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The excessive signs everywhere.
37. Who did you miss?
Jerry. And my friends when I didn't see them for a few weeks.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A couple of the seasonal people at work- one of which started back in September/October and wants to be kept on as a regular, so here's hoping.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
Life lessons? Right.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Who wants to be normal, I'll never conform, I will be content to resent the status quo.